Black gram is one of the most common lentils used across India. That’s because it is a rich source of protein, fat, carbohydrates, and Vitamin B. Urad dal is highly beneficial for pregnant women since it full of iron, calcium, folic acid, magnesium, and potassium,
- Good for pregnant women: Black gram is considered a very good pulse for pregnant women due to its high nutritional value. Being a rich source of iron, it helps in the production of hemoglobin which prevents birth defects in the foetus . Also the presence of essential fatty acids in the black gram enhance foetal brain development.
- Increases energy: Due to its high iron and protein content, black gram is a fantastic energy booster that keeps your body active. Iron is an important mineral that aids in the development of red blood cells, which enhances oxygen flow to the body's many organs, increasing energy.
- Boosts heart health: Due to the presence of magnesium, fiber, folate, and potassium, black gram aids in the promotion of heart health. Dietary fiber helps to manage cholesterol levels and prevent atherosclerosis, while magnesium aids blood circulation and potassium serves as a vasodilator by reducing blood vessel and artery tension.
- Improves bone health: Black gram is an excellent source of calcium that contributes to the bone mineral density. Calcium is an essential mineral that keeps your bones strong and prevents bone degradation.
- Improves digestion Black gram has a good amount of dietary fiber which is known to improve your digestion and aids in bulking up the stool, thereby preventing constipation.
- Promotes the health of the skin Black gram is regarded as an anti-aging food due to its high mineral content, which helps to prevent skin ageing. Because black gram is high in iron, it aids in improving oxygenated blood flow to the cells, resulting in a radiant and glowing complexion.
- Prevents the formation of kidney stones : Black gram has a diuretic effect, meaning it induces urination, which aids in the removal of toxins, uric acid, excess fat, excess water, and excess calcium from the kidneys. This aids in the prevention of kidney stones in the first place.