Green gram is one of the best sources of plant-based protein. Also known as mung beans, the green gram is a powerful antiageing agent. It possesses enzymes, nutrients and antioxidants essential for maintaining good health.
- Reduces blood pressure. Rich in nutrition, green grams are asserted to have the ability to limit the onset of cardiovascular diseases and high blood pressure.
- Enhances immunity. Green gram is a good source of phytonutrients, which have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases. Studies conducted on the impact of green grams in improving one's heart health asserted that regular and controlled consumption of the legumes can reduce the bad ...
- Prevents cancer. The high amount of oligosaccharides and polyphenols (amino acids) present in green grams aid in limiting the onset of cancer.
- Aids in weight loss. The high amount of protein and fibre content in mung beans increases the satiety, thereby making you feel full.