Kodo millet or varagu is one of the ancient fast-growing plants that grow up to 1 to 2 meters in height.
- Regular consumption of kodo millet is very beneficial for postmenopausal women suffering from signs of cardiovascular disease, like high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.
- Kodo Millet helps hydrate your colon to keep your system regular and keep you from being constipated.
- Kodo Millet helps in controlling Blood sugar and Cholesterol.
- It is easy to digest, contains a high amount of lecithin and is excellent for strengthening the nervous system.
- It is rich in photo chemicals, phytate that helps in reduction of cancer risks.
- It helps to reduce the body weight and beneficial for postmenopausal women.
- It is good for those suffering from signs of cardiovascular disease, like high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.
- Also, it is good for diabetics, its anti – diabetic compounds like quercetin, ferulic acid, p – hydroxybenzoic acid, vanillic acid and syringic acid from Varagu prevents obesity.
- Kodo millets contain no gluten and are good for people who are gluten intolerant.